Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 12, June 20 Sioux City Area

Coletta, Amanda and I went to check out the cemetery where my mother's side of the family is buried. It is a very nice cemetery but it really showed signs of a wind storm they had had earlier. Lots of trees and branches were downed.

Where my grandparents are buried.
On the other side of the stone is my mother.
And my dear Uncle Berney who we were hoping to see when we made this trip.
Aunt Madonna had passed away just months before we could see her again also.

2 comments:

  1. I am in Louisiana and that family name is a south Louisiana name. Wonder if they were or had relatives here. I am enjoying ya'lls travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting. Actually my grandfather had a family tree done by a relative priest in the Boston area that traced the family back from Paris to the Nova Scotia/Arcadie, Canada area. Remember Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem "Evangeline" about the British taking the French Canadians out of there and depositing them down along the coast and in New Orleans. That is how so many French where down there. Supposedly our branch was deposited on the East coast and worked their way to Iowa/S. Dakota. There are a lot of French ansestry there.

    So glad you are enjoying our adventures. My daughter is now starting to plan a trip for 3-5 years from now. She wants to go along the southern states and up the East coast. I have always wanted to visit the Louisiana area. They certainly have had a rough time in the past few years. Hope none of those troubles have visited you and yours.

    ReplyDelete